Reply To: New Web Based Net Control Tool

August 17, 2026 at 10:36 AM #15344

Hi Tiesa,
Got it. I checked out your tool and it looks pretty cool. So, this would be used by net control along with the summary sent out by Dan, showing most-recent check-in stations over the past few weeks? I’m trying to visualize just how the two tools would work together.
I don’t actually use Dan’s spreadshet with my computer. I find it faster to print out the summary sheet and write in unlisted check-ins, etc with a pen. Oh no, an actual writing instrument??? Yeah, I’m a bit old-school in that regard. But I find that controlling a net is a very fluid activity and using a keyboard to input data into a program, finding the right place to input data, checkmarking the right place, etc. is more of a burdon when things are happening quickly and I need to respond on the radio pressing mic buttons and such.
I’m open to better ways of doing things, and other NCS operators using Dan’s computer-based net tool may very well use his program for logging stations in the net. I would love to hear from the more-frequent NCS operators and the methods they prefer to juggle the many balls in the air during net operations, and their comments about your tool.

Sincerely,

John B.
WB6FRZ