Reply To: Flooring for the Ham Shack?

May 10, 2024 at 8:27 AM #13970

Hey there Francis, I can only add to your thought process so here goes. I have wood flooring in my Ham Shack (office) and it works fine. It is easy to clean and is dark in color. My office chair rolls on it fine.
Using vinyl flooring or something like carpet you might consider if a soldering iron drops on it, they melt things real fast! Wood flooring will also burn, ceramic tiles will not. I think carpet gets rooms dustier from all the fibers (think radios and other equipment). Throw rung for the dog is ok.
Ceramic tiles will have grout lines and chair wheels do not roll very smoothly.
Something without grout lines or other types of depressions are easier to sweep and vacuum.
Lighter color flooring will look dirtier sooner but be easy to find things you may drop.
Hope this helps, have fun.
Bradley – KC6EOA