Reply To: Summits on the Air- Fun

October 10, 2016 at 11:44 AM #10865

Thanks Mike. The last two summits that got me over the 100 were a bit of a challenge. North Yolla Bolly and Black Rock Mountain are in the Shasta Trinity National Forest about sixty miles West of Red Bluff. I decided to do both in one day since they are only about four miles apart. I camped at the trail head and got an early start. The hike up to Pettijohn Basin that separates the two is along a nice but sometimes steep trail. I did North Yolla Bolly in the morning and then on to Black Rock. The trail gets a bit indistinct and finally quite steep the last half mile. Glad I had the Garmin! A lot of work for one day but the views from the summits were fabulous and HF propagation even better. Next year I plan to back pack and camp in the basin between them. By the way I see you at #10 on the W6 Chasers. Wow!