Reply To: Mini-X 2016
I am planning to attend if I can drive due to surgery recovery. I have had two offers of others to drive me if I can’t. Thanks for the help.
Items that will be taken either way will be 2 inverted V antennas. One for 80-6 meters, and the other 40 to 6 meters. They both work fairly well on most bands. Two 4-1 baluns for the ladder 300 ohm lines with a couple of coax from the breadbox. A bag full of line for the V antennas supports, sledge hammer, and a couple of steel anchor stakes, and of course the caution tape. Radio will be the old workhorse Icom 706 with auto tuner, and a back up manual tuner just in case.Power will be a 100 amp hour marine battery, with solar panel for recharge.For 2 meter coverage I will have my Yeasu 60 watt unit used in my truck, and have an elk 2 meter antenna with a 1″ mast, if using my truck will have a 12 foot mast transported on my rack.
Camping stuff I will bring my metal firepit (old washing machine drum) full of wood, and a box of fire wood. Two club easy ups, 2 alu compact tables, one 6 foot plastic table with two beach chairs. A red and white plastic table top cover. 2 coolers with ice, and a tub for washing dishes. As a back up I will have a coleman two burner cook stove, and 2 bottles of propane with a box of stick matches. Of course a couple of flashlights.
Food, and cooking stuff TBD later. Doug KF6LMB
