Reply To: Mini-X 2016

June 7, 2016 at 8:08 PM #10764

This will be a first-MiniDX for me. I’ll likely be solo & tenting. But may decide to drag up the trailer. Have been out to Honeydew/etc many times and on all the routes, including portions of (4) – but I agree; not #4 this time for me!

I’ll give some thought on what bands. Need to understand MiniDX some more. Am good to go with a BuddiPole and Yaesu 897 on 2-40m bands. Also have VHF/UHF of course w/JPoles, etc.

I assume no AC power, right? I can bring a couple of Honda 2000 generators if needed (will probably bring one at least). Let me know if second is desired/needed.

Might toss my vespa-type scooter in the back of the truck also – great riding out there. Will try to get my +1 spouse to join, but who knows!