DMR Code Plugs
(now including DMR simplex!)
The following code plugs contain several Sonoma County repeaters and a curated list of talk groups for each repeater. Meant as a very introductory and simple starting point for someone unfamiliar with, or just getting started with, DMR technology. These files are provided by and maintained by Randy AA6RH for the community’s benefit.
Don’t see your radio? Contact Randy (aa6rh @ socorad . io) for assistance. In general, he can’t program a radio without possessing one for testing, and has limited budget from his XYL to purchase every make and model.
Code plugs are organized with each zone with channels for a single repeater frequency, and each channel corresponding to one of the curated talk groups. The code plugs for each radio now also include DMR simplex frequencies, programmed with Color Code 1, Time Slot 1 (shouldn’t matter for simplex) and Talk Group 99
Scroll down or click here for information on what’s inside these code plugs.
IMPORTANT: you will need to change the DMR ID for these code plugs. They are currently assigned an invalid DMR ID and may not function on the network if used as-is.
Connect Systems CS580 (UHF Only)
What’s In The Code Plug?
These configurations are basic, think of it as “training wheels” for your exploration of DMR. The number of repeaters and talk groups have been specifically curated to suit a Sonoma County (read: Northern California) audience. The channels are arranged such that if you switch from zone to zone (read: switching DMR repeaters), you have exactly the same talk groups available on that other repeater. The benefit here is that you can be in the Santa Rosa area, Bodega Bay, and town of Sonoma and be able to use this code plug! (we are working on Petaluma, Healdsburg and Cloverdale!)
Repeaters included (links go to the BrandMeister repeater page for each repeater):
- SCRA DMR (W6SON) 443.1000 — West Sonoma County
- K6ACS NorCal DMR 442.1125 — Santa Rosa
- W6AJF NorCal DMR 440.0125 — Sonoma
- KJ6QBM NorCal DMR 440.3250 — Bodega Bay
DMR on Simplex
Simplex frequencies generally are worked with Color Code 1, Time Slot 1 & Talk Group 99. We suggest adhering to this convention if you want to actually talk to people on DMR over simplex. Frequencies included:
Talk Groups included for each repeater/zone (links go to the BrandMeister Last Heard page for each talk group):
- Local/Cluster [TG2] — Local Repeater or Regional Cluster talk group
- Sonoma County [TG31707] — NEW Sonoma County regional talk group
- NorCal [TG31068] — NorCal BrandMeister
- SNARS [TG31328] — Sierra Nevada Amateur Radio Society
- SoCal [TG31066] — Southern California regional talk group
- Southwest [TG3176] — Southwestern states regional talk group
- California [TG3106] — California talk group
- USA Area 6 [TG31606] — 6-Land talk group
- USA – Nationwide [TG3100] — USA talk group
- North America [TG93] — North America talk group
- Worldwide [TG91] — The Worldwide talk group
- DMR of Anarchy [TG31666] — A general talk group, used mostly by Northern California hams
- NorCal 5150 [TG95150] — A general talk group, created by NorCal DMR
- Mountain West [TG31062] — Mountain West DMR, a network of DMR repeaters in the Central Valley
- TAC 310 [TG310] — A general talk group, widely connected to just about every DMR network
- Echo Test [TG310997] — A special talk group called “Parrot” (configured using a Private Call) that allows you to check that your radio is working and the DMR network is up.
For More Advanced Users
Generally, NorCal BrandMeister keeps a very comprehensive code plug listing. It can be a bit overwhelming, as many of them cover a lot of California regions for the radios supported (which can be a benefit, if you travel at all with your DMR radio!)