What did you do Ham Radio related recently?

Home Forums Technical Questions and Answers What did you do Ham Radio related recently?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  w1ej 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

kz6t

This is a thread to give an idea to others what you are working on. It could be a project, a special event, a class, or simply that you got on the air. Try and keep it short and lets see where this leads.

KK6ZDB

Last night I tried to make contact with Indianapolis Motor Speedway (W9IMS) as they were having a special event due to the race this weekend. I also listened to someone out of Hawaii (also 20m). One thing that is becoming apparent to me is that a barefoot KX3 has a hard time against the big guns out there. 😉 But, it makes the win that much more delicious.

Other than that I am starting a plan on a mobile set-up for my vehicle (new to me, used Toyota UZJ100 ’05). Looking for a good radio with x-band capability. Not too interested in APRS but I’m also not ignoring it completely. Mobile presents some interesting challenges as everything appears to be a compromise.

w1ej
    Participant

I’ve been a lot of SOTA activations and Chasing lately.
    Any one interested in going on an activation with me?
    Ed

W6STR
    Participant

Ed, The Iphone App I use for SOTA Notifications is:
    SOTA Goat, Version 1,2,1 by Rockwell Schlock, WW1X
    Works like a charm.

w1ej
    Participant

Mike:
    Great app, thanks for the tip.
    Ed W1EJ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.