Test Equipment for HF radios?

Home Forums Technical Questions and Answers Test Equipment for HF radios?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  AA6RH (Randy) 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

AA6RH (Randy)
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for someone who has a standard signal generator and a frequency counter that I can borrow, or bring my radio over to troubleshoot. My IC-751A gives no output when connected to a dummy load, not hearing a transmit relay when I push PTT on the mic either, so I’m needing to start the bug hunt. The truth is, I bought the radio last year as a project, and it does display frequency, and AF apparently reaches some of the circuitry because I can get the meter to move for the audio compressor, just not on output/transmit.

I recently transferred all the boards and wires to a new rust-free chassis, but I’ve verified that all wires and cables are plugged where they ought to be.

I’ve been poring over the service manual, reading the circuit descriptions and referring to the ridiculously large schematics. Good times!

If there’s anyone out there that can assist, please let me know. I’ll be making this request at the next meeting as well.

Cheers

–Randy/AA6RH

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.