FS – Butternut / Bencher HF6V – PLUS – Extras

Home Forums Technical Questions and Answers FS – Butternut / Bencher HF6V – PLUS – Extras

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  N6DMR 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

N6DMR
    Participant

I have a rebuilt Butternut HF6V multiband vertical for sale. I rebuilt this antenna about 3 years ago. It is 100% functional and has additional bands form the original. When rebuilt, I replaced the aluminum straps on the coil mounts with 3/8″ aluminum angle which really beefed up the coil supports.

In addition, I include a homebrew tilt base that has 16 radials on it using 25′ metal measuring tapes, and uses the DX Engineering Hustler Antenna Mount. I also have the AD5X designed add-on relay box that allows tuning across the entire 80M band and 60M as well. Without the extra relays and taps on the 80M coil this antenna has a narrow bandwidth on 80M. The add-on allows full band operation on 80M and adds 60M as well. I have extra lengths of the 15M band wire, although the wire that is mounted is in very good condition.

I have a lot of time and energy in this antenna getting back to 100% function, and it is a good performer even on 80M. To properly tune this antenna easily, you should have access to an Antenna Analyzer. I use a MFJ PL 259 and it tunes very quickly and holds the tune as well.

Asking $400 including the base, add-on relays and control box. Would prefer to sell this to a club member, I have over $600 invested in materials alone.

Duane
    N6DMR

N6DMR
    Participant

Pictures added

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

N6DMR
    Participant

Picture

Attachments:

N6DMR
    Participant

Pictures

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.