Digital Mobile Radio

Home Forums Technical Questions and Answers Digital Mobile Radio

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  N6DMR 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

N6DMR
    Participant

Highly recommend this mode of operation. Myself and Phil K6AXY have been actively working each other most evenings as I travel across country. Using Radioddity Dual Band DMR radios GD-77.

We both went with the SharkRF OpenSPOT repeaters. I have mine tied to my AT&T Hotspot Mobile in my motor home.

Works great and have had many QSOs on Talk Group 3100 North America.

Duane
    N6DMR

Note: I have had the N6DMR Call Sign for many years, now it is very vogue within the DMR community!

N6DMR
    Participant

Found a new method of doing private or specific group calls in DMR mode. If you create your own Talk Group (TG) you can Key it active. Anyone else that keys up to that same Talk Group number will be able to chat with you.
    They are calling it a Adhoc Talk Group.

I tested this with another Ham, we both created a TG 31000077, once you key it up, you have a private TG. If you want to make it a semi-private multi user group, just give out the TG number to other hams and you all have your own temporary TG.

N6DMR
    Participant

There is a 3rd party Code Plug editor that is a great find. Currently it does Motorola, some TTY radios. Called Contact Manager

http://n0gsg.com/contact-manager/Contact_Manager.pdf

The really great thing is throughout the program documentation there are tips to avoid pitfalls when programming.

This is worth a look for sure.

N6DMR
    Participant

Here are two of the best tutorials on Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) I have found.

Part 1 – Discusses DMR terminology with a general overview.

Part 2 – Is an actual tutorial on DMR Radio Programming.

These two documents will bring you up to speed quickly.

Duane

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.