Upcoming Exam Sessions:
- Saturday, May 11, 9:00 am to noon, Bennett Valley Hall
- Saturday, July 20, 9:00 am to noon, Bennett Valley Hall
- Saturday, September 14, 9:00 am to noon, Bennett Valley Hall
- Saturday, November 16, 9:00 am to noon, Bennett Valley Hall
If you’ve been studying for a new license or upgrade, your next opportunity to take your test is coming up on Saturday, May 11, at 9:00 am. The location is the Bennett Valley Hall, 4145 Grange Rd, in Santa Rosa.
Directions to Bennett Valley Hall:
From Hwy 101, take Highway 12 East to Farmers Lane. Turn right onto Farmers Lane and then left onto Bennett Valley Road. Stay on Bennett Valley Road approximately 4.1 miles and turn right onto Grange Road. Bennett Valley Hall is 0.5 miles from Bennett Valley Road on the right.
Walk-ins will be accepted and all test elements will be administered.
Time: The exam session will take place from 9:00 until noon. Please arrive by 8:45am to be signed in. Testing will begin shortly thereafter.
Candidates should bring the following:
- One (1) photo ID or two (2) non-photo ID
- Social Security Number (if not currently licensed) or FCC Registration Number (FRN, if licensed)
- Original and photocopy of your current amateur radio license (if licensed)
- Original and photocopy of any valid CSCEs (if applicable)
- Original and photocopy of any documents submitted for exam credit (see Exam Element Credit below)
- #2 Pencil and eraser
- $15.00 exam fee. Checks may be made payable to “ARRL-VEC”
Calculators may be used, but it must be demonstrated that all memories and programs have been erased. The calculator function in a cell phone or PDA may not be used! If you have any special needs, please contact Brian Torr, N6IIY in advance.
Exam Element Credit for Expired Licenses
The FCC now offers partial credit for expired General, Advanced or Extra Amateur Radio licenses. A license that has expired and gone beyond the two year grace period will be canceled in the FCC system. The licensee will not automatically qualify for a new license. At a minimum, previous license holders must take the current 35-question Technician exam at a VE exam session to return to Amateur Radio.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide documents to obtain this credit. For information on where to obtain such documents, refer to the following URL (expand the link to “Valid Forms of Exam Element Credit for Expired Licenses”)
Please have these documents before appearing at an amateur radio exam session.
Brian Torr, N6IIY