Upcoming Exam Sessions:
- Saturday, June 22, noon to 2pm, Youth Community Park
- Saturday, July 20, 9:00 am to noon, Bennett Valley Hall
- Saturday, September 14, 9:00 am to noon, Bennett Valley Hall
- Saturday, November 16, 9:00 am to noon, Bennett Valley Hall
If you’ve been studying for a new license or upgrade, your next opportunity to take your test is coming up on Saturday, June 22, from noon to 2pm. The location is Youth Community Park, 1725 Fulton Rd, in Santa Rosa (across the street from Piner High School)
Directions to Youth Community Park:
From Hwy 101, take Steele Lane exit west. This turns into Guerneville Rd. Continue west to Fulton Rd (approx 2.25 mi from Hwy 101). Turn right (north) onto Fulton Rd. Youth Community Park is approximately 0.5 miles north of Guerneville Rd on the left (Piner High School is on the right).
Walk-ins will be accepted and all test elements will be administered.
Time: The exam session will take place from noon to 2pm. Please arrive by noon to be signed in. Testing will begin shortly thereafter.
Candidates should bring the following:
- One (1) photo ID or two (2) non-photo ID
- Social Security Number (if not currently licensed) or FCC Registration Number (FRN, if licensed)
- Original and photocopy of your current amateur radio license (if licensed)
- Original and photocopy of any valid CSCEs (if applicable)
- Original and photocopy of any documents submitted for exam credit (see Exam Element Credit below)
- #2 Pencil and eraser
- $15.00 exam fee. Checks may be made payable to “ARRL-VEC”
Calculators may be used, but it must be demonstrated that all memories and programs have been erased. The calculator function in a cell phone or PDA may not be used! If you have any special needs, please contact Brian Torr, N6IIY in advance.
Exam Element Credit for Expired Licenses
The FCC now offers partial credit for expired General, Advanced or Extra Amateur Radio licenses. A license that has expired and gone beyond the two year grace period will be canceled in the FCC system. The licensee will not automatically qualify for a new license. At a minimum, previous license holders must take the current 35-question Technician exam at a VE exam session to return to Amateur Radio.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide documents to obtain this credit. For information on where to obtain such documents, refer to the following URL (expand the link to “Valid Forms of Exam Element Credit for Expired Licenses”)
Please have these documents before appearing at an amateur radio exam session.
Brian Torr, N6IIY