Public Service Signup
Lake Sonoma 50 & 26.2 Marathon
Event Chair: Darryl Paule KI6MSP
Lake Sonoma 50 & 26.2 website: http://lakesonoma50.com
The Lake Sonoma 50 is a 50 mile foot race conducted around Lake Sonoma. The 26.2 is an out and back 26.2 mile Marathon along the southern shore. Both courses are shown below. Aid stations serve both races.
- Operational Time: 0630-2030
- Operational Area: Western Arm (Warm Springs Arm) of Lake Sonoma / Warm Springs Dam
- Net Control Location: (New!) Lake Sonoma Visitor Center - grassy field off the parking lot at the event's Start-Finish
- What: 50 mile foot race [Ultra running event]
- Web Site: http://lakesonoma50.com
- Repeater: No
- Comments: This event is run on remote trails behind Lake Sonoma. The club repeater and others are not reachable in this locale.
- NC sets up at the Lake Sonoma Visitor Center - grassy field off the parking lot Start-Finish for the event.
- Some stations may be HT friendly (Madrone Point, Island View, No Name Flat).
- Operators at Warm Springs Creek should bring a full-power mobile with a good antenna.
- Note: This position is at the trail crossing 0.4 miles beyond the gate. It is drivable. In contrast, the LS 100K location is at the gate, not beyond.
- Extensive radio traffic is expected: reporting times and bib numbers of all runners.
- Aid Stations are remote and sometimes require as much as 45 minutes to reach from NC.
- Madrone Point station is a 1+ mile walk down (and back up) a steep hill. Or, a high clearance, 4WD vehicle can be used.
- Warm Springs is usually able to be driven (narrow road).
- Island View Logistics:
- Mid Saturday Morning around 10 am the Ham is met at the LS Marina. We have a large pontoon boat and easily transport the Ham + equipment to the Aid station.
- We also provide a vehicle parking pass for him/her. At the end of the day we haul everything and everyone back to the Marina. Usually right around sunset.
- It is an all day commitment for whoever signs up.
- Mobile Toilets:
- Island View - None (for that natural experience).
- Madrone Point - None. Nearest one is 1+ mile back up the steep hill.
- All other ham locations: Yes!
- Location coordinates (in decimal degrees):
- 38.7080, -123.0085 - NC (Finish)
38.6894, -123.0241 - Island View
38.7034, -123.0859 - Warm Springs Creek (Trail Crossing)
38.6988, -123.0404 - Madrone Point
38.7143, -123.0356 - No Name Flat
- 38.7080, -123.0085 - NC (Finish)
50 Mile Course
26.2 Marathon Course
Sign up below...
|#||Date||Station||Start Time||End Time||Callsign||Name||Clear -|
|1||April 8, 2023||NC Shift #1 Primary||7:00 AM||11:00 AM||KI6MSP||Darryl Paule|
|1||April 8, 2023||NC Shift #1 Shadow||7:00 AM||11:00 AM||KN6DJP||Kimberly Susukida|
|1||April 8, 2023||NC Shift #2 Primary||11:00 AM||3:00 PM||KN6DJP||Kimberly Susukida|
|1||April 8, 2023||NC Shift #2 Shadow||11:00 AM||3:00 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||NC Shift #3 Primary||3:00 PM||8:00 PM||kk6hre||Iola Beckley|
|1||April 8, 2023||NC Shift #3 Shadow||3:00 PM||8:00 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||Island View Primary (Boat time)||10:00 AM||7:30 PM||W1EJ||Ed Jacobson|
|1||April 8, 2023||Island View Shadow||10:00 AM||7:30 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||Warm Springs AM Primary||7:30 AM||12:30 PM||KN6EMO||Clayton Ball|
|1||April 8, 2023||Warm Springs AM Shadow||7:30 AM||12:30 PM||KN6WZV||Matthew Cook|
|1||April 8, 2023||Warm Springs PM Primary||12:30 PM||5:30 PM||K6AWA||Joe Fortuna|
|1||April 8, 2023||Warm Springs PM Shadow||12:30 PM||5:30 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||Madrone Pt AM Primary||8:45 AM||12:00 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||Madrone Pt. AM Shadow||8:45 AM||12:00 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||Madrone Pt. PM Primary||12:00 PM||3:00 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||Madrone Pt. PM Shadow||12:00 PM||3:00 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||No Name Flat Primary||9:30 AM||1:30 PM||Login to Signup|
|1||April 8, 2023||No Name Flat Shadow||9:30 AM||1:30 PM||Login to Signup|