Come Join SCRA at Field Day 2019
Weekend of June 22 and June 23
Why Field Day????
Because it’s fun!!! Where else can you experience practically the full gamut of our wonderful hobby in just one weekend? You want to learn how to set up a station? Field Day’s go you covered. You want to learn how to set up antennas? Plenty of that happening at Field Day! Want to learn how to operate in an HF contest? Field Day’s just the ticket! Want to learn how to make a Satellite contact? We do that, too at Field Day! Want to socialize with other hams and see what they’re up to? Come on down to Field Day!
And, if you like camping, you are invited to camp out both Friday and Saturday nights!
Field Day Planning Meetings:
- Saturday, March 16, 10:00 am to 11:30 am, Youth Community Park (weather permitting)
- Saturday, April 20, 10:00 am to 11:30 am, Youth Community Park
- Saturday, May 18, 10:00 am to 11:30am, Youth Community Park (Field Day Site)
TH-6 & Crank-Up Mast Training Session:
- Date: Saturday, June 8 (Tentative)
- Time: 9:00 am to Noon
- Location: TBD
Field Day Weekend, June 22 and June 23:
- Setup – Begins Friday, June 21, 5pm until dark
- Setup – Continues Saturday Morning, June 22, 7am until 11am
- Operating – Begins Saturday, June 22, 11am
- Educational Activity – Saturday, June 22, 2pm
- Dinner – Saturday, June 22, 5pm
- Operating Ends Sunday, June 23, 11am
- Tear Down Sunday, June 23, 11am until ~2pm
Where: Youth Community Park, 1725 Fulton Rd. Santa Rosa
(across the road from Piner High School)
- SSB (this station will run 24 hours)
- CW (this station will run 24 hours)
- VHF/UHF/Satellite (perhaps only Satellite)
- GOTA (Get On The Air) (this station will run close to 24 hours)
Bands: 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m 10m, 6m, 2m, 70cm, Satellite
Classification and Exchange: 3A San Francisco or 3A SF
- K6SON for SSB, CW, Digital, VHF/UHF/Satellite
- W6SON for GOTA
SCRA Field Day 2019
Our application has been approved for having Field Day at Youth Community Park, 1725 Fulton Rd, in Santa Rosa (across the street from Piner High School). As hams, it has been said that the world is our playground, so what better place to have Field Day than in a public park. Field Day is one of our best opportunities to demonstrate amateur radio to the public.
There will also be a special get together focused on practicing how to assemble our venerable TH-6 and erecting it on the crank-up tower.
Our classification is tentatively “3A”, meaning that we will have three HF transmitters. There will be one station each for SSB, CW, and Digital.
If band conditions support a second SSB station, we will be prepared to add one, which would change our classification to “4A”.
We will also have a Get-On-The-Air, or GOTA, station. I encourage all of our recently-licensed hams and even those old-timers that have not had an opportunity to get on the HF bands in the last year to give the GOTA station a try. It will be operating on SSB. We will need control operators (General or higher) to allow the unlicensed and under-licensed hams the ability to work HF. We get extra points if there is always a mentor at the GOTA station.
We will also have a Satellite station. We were not able to make a satellite contacts the last couple years, but this year we hope to change that. This station might also make other non-Satellite QSOs on the VHF and UHF bands/
We will also be having an Educational Activity. The time will be 2pm on Saturday, June 22. We are looking for ideas for this educational activity. If you have some ideas, please let me know.
We need your help!
As we have done in the past few years, we have defined many teams to help in the setup, operation, and teardown aspects of Field Day. Please look at the list below and let me know if you are interested in any of the positions.
- SSB Station Captain – Position Open
- SSB Station Operator – Multiple positions open
- Digital Station Captain – Position Open
- Digital Operator – Multiple positions open
- CW Station Captain – Position Open
- CW Station Operator – Multiple positions open
- GOTA Station Captain – Position Open
- GOTA Station Operator – Multiple positions open
- GOTA Station Control Operator – Multiple positions open
- Satellite/VHF/UHF Station Captain – Position Open
- Satellite/VHF/UHF Operator – Multiple positions open
- Dinner Team Leader – Position Open
- Safety Officer – Position Open
- Solar Power Team Leader – Position Open
- Crank-Up Mast Erection Team Leader – Position Open
- TH-6 Assembly/ Disassembly Team Leader – Position Open
- Tilt-Up Mast Erection Team Leader – Position Open
- 40m Half-Square & 20m Loop Antenna Team Leader, Brian Torr, N6IIY
- Dipole Erection Team Leader – Position Open
- Antenna Launcher Team Leader – Position Open
- Educational Activity Team Leader – Position Open
- Station Setup/Teardown Team Leader – Position Open
- Tour Guides/Public Information Team Leader – Darryl Paule, KI6MSP
If you are interested in volunteering in any way, please e-mail me. Once we have most of the Team Leader positions, we will get the on-line sign-up page set up.
For More Information:
Brian Torr, N6IIY
Field Day Chairman
Tel: (707) 575-5871 (home)
(707) 953-0377 (mobile)