This is a charity bicycle event sponsored primarily by Kendall-Jackson with proceeds benefiting the Michael J. Fox Foundation (Parkinson’s disease research) and the local community. There are four courses (70.2, 52.4, 34.5, 10.7 miles) in the northern and western parts of Sonoma county, with the first riders departing at 0800. In addition to Net Control, aid stations, SAGs and motos, we will incorporate radio bike marshals (hams).
Radio Motos and Radio Bike Marshals must have approval from Bike Monkey to work this event. Contact John Prouty at email@example.com to obtain approval.
We will not be reporting rider times.
Michael J. Fox Foundation announcement: https://tourdefox.michaeljfox.org/winecountry
Event information and individual course map links: https://tourdefox.michaeljfox.org/winecountry/Static/Event-Info
Summary route map with Aid Station locations: tdfmap.pdf
Aid Station GPS coordinates (in decimal degrees):
- 38.499600, -122.811800 La Crema Maint. Rd
- 38.653254, -122.883100 Puma Springs Vineyards
- 38.580613, -122.881128 Old Felta Schoolhouse
- 38.516200, -122.995860 Russian River Senior Center
- 38.429710, -122.892600 Dutton Ranch
- 38.506968, -122.772905 Net Control. Address: Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate & Gardens 5007 Fulton Rd, Santa Rosa, California 95403
New or inexperienced hams are welcome. If you’d like to learn the ropes, sign up as a Shadow and we’ll pair you with an experienced ham.